BliTzBoY on TI-Files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BliTzBoY on TI-Files

I was reading this fellow's article on TI-Files at
http://www.inlink.com/~dafek/ti-files/columns/asm/direct.html
started wondering why he was writing a column on assembler.

He seems to be confused on the very topics he's trying to teach. First he says
"ASM itself is fast since it is in hexadecimal", then "Say you want to load
125d into register A. Instead of loading 125d into A, you can load 1111101b or
7Dh instead. This is faster and it may save space, since 7Dh is smaller than
125d when looking at how much space the "name" each would take up. Remember
than 7Dh does equal 125d number wise, but not space wise."

As far as I can tell, he's saying that since the hexadecimal expansion of a
number generally contains less digits than the decimal expansion, use hex to
make your programs smaller and faster.

How about we all switch to base 36? Then our programs would be really small.