TASM help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TASM help!

Hello all,
I finally have a way of running TASM on my computer...  I created a
directory and put all of necessary things in it for assembling a
program.  The only problem comes when I try to assemble a program insode
tasm...  For example, I tried the "Hello World" program that I recently
downloaded just as a test.  I got into tasm and typed:

asm hello

well, it gave me a cursor, but when I typed something and pushed return,
it told me:

unable to open file HELLO.OBJ

I thought that the TASM file  was supposed to create an object file for
me!  I have also let it sit for about 5 minutes to see if it was doing
anything, but apparently it wasn't...  Can anyone help me???  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks a lot!
-David