Re: oooh kay, 183 sounds for the TI-83, great.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oooh kay, 183 sounds for the TI-83, great.

>183 sounds for the TI-83... okay. Great, so I downloaded the mega 97 kb
>zip file, and to my amazement, there is a few sound files OVER the
>calculator limit... Uh huh... And that person plans to release calczip
>for the ti83 to compress these files? (last sentence immense sarcasm)
>The biggest one, Beatles 48 kb! LOL! LOL! Maybe this guy has some nice
>ram expander for the 83.

Well, In response to this I thought I'd explain this.  The author wrote a
conversion program that converts the songs from another, similar, format.  He
just wanted to include all of the converted programs, whether they could fit or
not.

>Hmm i haven't even tried a few of them, I've already heard the sound of
>a TI-83 and TI-86 (that Dsound86 thing just makes me feel like I'm in a
>trance. d:) Suffice to say, I think Atari 2600 sounds are better... d:)

First of all, I thought that playing sound off a calculator is something cool
all by itself.  Something that is allowed in class and the can play music I
consider cool ;)  I'd also like to mention, that some of them (mostly the ones
you'd probably be first to play) and not very good.  Thats the problem of the
original from which the song was converted, not the converter.  A kinda weird
one that sounds really cool is turkish, check it out.

>I dunno, maybe sounds are that important, but when I was playing ZeldaII
>on my friends 83, it reminded me of the original nintendo game, The
>Legend Of Zelda (gosh it's old! d:) and the theme song.
>
>to asm86 programmers: Keep those games (er those wonderfully nice
>educational programs coming.)
>
>d:)
>
>-(:P Modem Boy d:)-
>-(:P -=TI-86=- d:)-