Re: Here it is! HAL-IC!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Here it is! HAL-IC!

At 02:20 AM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>

>Prototype Alpha sounds interesting. Can you send more information?

Prototype Alpha is a codename for a project that is currently only on paper
(haven't had time to program it yet...SQRXZ 82 takes up most of my free
time).  This prototype has two main parts to it:  an editor and
interpreter.  The editor has a similar (but quite different) layout to the
TI-Basic editor everyone is used to.  It will have a "Catalog" menu of all
the Z80 ASM functions.  Possibly macros will be able to be programmed.
Code will appear as Z80 source (like on the PC in an editor) but can be run
directly from a shell or the interpreter.  The interpreter does exactly
what it says...except it interprets raw Z80 code like the processor would
and prevents crashes.  Pressing the [ON] key will enter the editor (with an
error and goto the point of the error) and you can resume editing.  The
calc is uncrashable under the interpreter (unless you turn the safety
options off).  Not only will your code run under the intrepreter, but it
also will run in the shell apart from the interpreter!  If you want to save
the source to the computer, I will also create a program to take the 82p
file apart and re-create the EXACT same source as you see on the calc.
There are MANY, MANY, more features which I have not explained yet (and
plan to keep secret until the release of it) and enhances the editor so
completely that TI might want to buy an unsigned version of it (that is,
they would like a version without my name anywhere in it)!

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.