Re: CALC-TI Digest - 2 Aug 1997 to 9 Aug 1997

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CALC-TI Digest - 2 Aug 1997 to 9 Aug 1997

>Your ignorance astounds me =).  vbrun100.dll is included with windows 95,
>as well as several other vb runtimes.  If you have windows 3.1, well, you
>probably have it too =).  I never said it came with the software, but I'd
>have to say that less than 1% of the PC (Notice that word/acronym right
>there!) world is without it, therefore inclusion of the file will basically
>be worthless to the common user.
Yuh-huh! Tell me why, then, when I do a windows 'find' for
'vbrun100.dll', it does not turn up??? It is not even in my Windoze 95
directory of the system directory!!!

>>Unless the user happens to have Visual Basic 1.0 (Very Unlikely) *OR*
>>has another program that was made for VB 1.0 (also pretty unlikely),
>>then they would NOT have VBRUN100.DLL.
Like me.

>Well, I'd reply to that, but I'm LAUGHING TOO DAMN MUCH!!!!
Buzz... WRONG!

>>Therefore if you are releasing
>>software made in some arcane version of a programming language, I would
>>consider necessary DLLs A VITAL PIECE OF THE SOFTWARE!!
I agree entirely.

>STILL LAUGHING TOO MUCH TO REPLY!!!
Afraid the laugh's on you, mate!!

Phil.
--
  * De Ascender * (Phil Stoneman)| Damn Geocities ate
ascender@tjsathome.demon.co.uk   | my web page!