Re: Which one? Any Advice.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which one? Any Advice.

On 9/16/96 6:39AM, in message <323D3C6E.4F34@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>,
James Staber <staber.industries.inc@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> My son just bought a TI-85 and of course wants to begin saving/loading
> programs from our PC.  After searching the net and finding this news
> group, the TI home page, and the TICALC home page, I've come across
> bothe parallel and serial links for costs of between $4 and $50.
>
> Has anyone got anything good or bad to say about the non TI link
> solutions?  TI's price is Outrageous but if it's a no hassel way of
> getting the job done.....
>
> On the other hand I'm capable of wiring up some of the other solutions
> (except for the one that need a circuit board...He ought to sell for
> them for a couple of bucks) but they each seem to require other than the
> TI datalink software.  So the question is do the hardware solutions work
> and how good is the software to drive the hardware.
>
> Is it worth the time and effort to go non-TI or not?
>
> Any advice, comments, criticism, or accolades would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim
I would recommend the parrallel link one.  (The two diode version that connects
to the printer port) I made it in about an hour and downloaded the software in
about 15 minutes and it works great. The only bad things are it's a DOS based
program(very easy to use but ugly looking)and you must change all .85* endings
to .85g and then it works fine.

Thanks,
yoda@ezl.com