Re: TI-82 Graph-Link Cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 Graph-Link Cable

Doc <doc@gwis.com> wrote in article
<doc-ya023080001409961042060001@news.gwis.com>...
> I called 1-800-TI-CARES, and was told that it is $45(!) plus S&amp;H for the
> cable to connect the TI-82 to a Mac or PC. Not with the software or
> anything. I'm hoping there is a cheaper way to hook up my calc to my
> computer.

The price you were given is correct. The software is free (you can get it
from TI's site). However, there are numerous ways to construct a cable of
your own for as little as about $5. For plans, check out:
http://www.ticalc.org/

But good luck, I couldn't get the simplest one to work :/ But I have heard
stories of other getting them to work. I have NO idea what I am doing
wrong. I couldn't have hooked it up wrong, it only consists of two silicon
diodes and some jumper wires :)

Ohh well. Anyway, you might want to try the Serial version. I think they
currently only have schematics for IBM-compatible tho. Sucks if you bought
a Mac I guess...

Later...
Dan