Re: edit locking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: edit locking

>I was wondering how edit locking a program written on a ti-85 would be
>accomplished?  Also, is this possible to do on a TI-92?  I appreciate any
>help.    Bob Dankert  Proud owner of a ti-81, ti-85, and ti-92

On the 85 in know it has to do with changing the value of a bit in the
program variable (but I'm not sure which, check out ticalc.org). On the
TI-92, there is no known way to edit-lock a program short of making it a
'self-destructing' one.
On the 92, put this line as the third line of your program, exactly the way
it is typed here:

Try Else:EndTry

When someone tries to open (edit) a program with this line of code in it,
all of the code after the above line will disappear ('self-destruct').

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@postoffice.ptd.net