Re: Memory problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Memory problems

Thank you.  Yes, that's correct.  The OS in the ROM can only address 32k.
Technically, the TI-85 has 32k of memory, but 3.5k or so is used by:
the VAT
internal flags (mode settings, contrast level, etc.)
constants
variables that cannot be deleted (xStat, x, y, Ans, etc.)

The 3.5K or so that is not in the free meory is for the VAT, and internal
flags (graph-mode, fix, etc.) as well as
At 00:43 9/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-09-07 00:21:10 EDT, engelr@BGNET.BGSU.EDU (Robert
>Engel) writes:
>
><< > The ROM was only designed to address 32k of RAM...  If you want to write
> > new ROM for your calculator, go ahead... =)
>
> So the Read Only Memory is accessing the RAM?  gee... I thought the CPU
> accessed the memory...
>
> Robert >>
>
>i think he was trying to say that the OS in the rom was only designed to
>access the 32k available... don't ask me though :)

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |