Re: TI85 Phone Dialer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 Phone Dialer

(note: This is totally off topic, but I don't give a d@mn..)

If you are looking at a phone dialer, you are thinking of the blue box,
which uses a square wave, which the IT produces.  However, it remains to be
seen how accurately you can get 2600 Hz from 9600, and to also generate the
two waveforms necessary to form the MF tones to actually dial...

And rumor has it this is illegal =)

At 21:10 10/27/96 -0500, Tony Lieuallen wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Scott Kidder wrote:
>
>> Would this concept mean that you could possibly turn your TI-85 into a
>> red box? (rip off pay phones)
>
>not only do I think that this isn't possible, because the TI probably
>isn't fast enough, but mostly because it generates only square waves, and
>it takes sine waves to make red box tones (I'm quite surprised at how
>many phreakers there are on this list, by the way)
>
>Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com = zarniwoop@juno.com
>"If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers
>have experienced in the last two decades,  cars would get 400 miles per
>gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least once
>per week, killing all occupants." - Unknown
>
>Know thyself.  If you need help, call the C.I.A.

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out     |
|   the router, onto the fiber, across the world, thru   |
|   the copper............       NOTHING BUT NET.        |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (80% post-consumer) ***                    |