Re: TI-83 - Super edit-lock?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 - Super edit-lock?

In article <326ECF4E.FF9@geocities.com>, Daddy E <daddy14@geocities.com>
writes
>JWardell wrote:
>>
>> <<        Does anybody know whether it's possible to edit-lock a TI-83
>> program beyond the level of checking the "Protected" box in the Graph-
>> Link window, so that it can't be read or edited in Graph-Link?>>
>>
>>   Nope, not possible... why would you want to do that anyway??
>>
>>                           -Josh Wardell
>> http://users.aol.com/jwardell/JWardell.html
>
>YES THERE IS!!!!  Ever heard of a program for the PC called Doslock!!

Sorry, seems Josh is right on this one. The version of DOSLOCK I got off
ti.calc.org only works for 82 and 85 files, not 83. (I've tried renaming
.83P files to .82P before running, no joy).
        Anyway, from reading the ti.calc.org FAQs, I suspect (could be
wrong) that the "Protected" check-box in the Graph-Link 83 software is
only a formalisation of the same trick utilised in DOSLOCK. I'm looking
for stronger protection than that, if I can find it; but I think I'm
going to have to get by without it.
        If I'm missing something here, please put me right.
<pre>
--

Stuart Dawson            Dawson Engineering
sd@dawson-eng.demon.co.uk
Belfast, Northern Ireland   +44 1232 640669

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/
</pre>