PowerMac 5400

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PowerMac 5400

Hello,  I would like to know if anyone else is having
difficulties getting their TI-82 connected to a Power
Mac 5400 (ours is a 120).

We had the toughest time getting the software on the
Mac to communicate with the Calculator.  First we
thought it might be the cable, nope.  We got a new
cable and still the problem was there.

The biggest conundrum for us was the fact that we did
get the two to communicate on rare occasions... we
could never duplicate this, though.

One day I had the bright Idea that we should plug the
cable into the modem port "after" the macintosh had
booted up. This worked, and is the only way we can get
the computer and the calculator to communicate.

Has anyone else experienced these difficulties?  Anyone
find a fix for it other than what we are doing?  We
aren't sure that plugging in the cable after the Mac
is up is a safe thing to do (We've read the warnings).
We are hoping that since we don't have the TI software
running when we plug it in that it will be ok.

Any help would be appreciated... even a description of
your problems may help.

Thanks

Chris Armstrong
Belleville School District, WI