Re: Are Lithium Batteries safe?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are Lithium Batteries safe?

David Lopez (david@smartec.com) wrote:
: Are Lithium Batteries safe for ti calcs, Or should they only be used in
: photo equipment?

        Hi there,

        I haven't used them yet on the TI-92, but I've been using Lithiums
on an HP OmniGo organizer that uses standard alakaline AA's, and there
hasn't been any problems (in fact, they come shipped with lithiums packed
inside).  There really shouldn't be any problem with using them elsewhere,
especially since the packaging on some of them also say that they're great
for electronics.

        The only thing you have to worry about is when they get low.
Lithium AA's give a very steady power output even in high-drain
applications (and yes, it _is_ true that last almost three times as long
as alakalines), but as soon as they start reaching the end of their life,
the current they deliver starts to drop -FAST-.  I'd recommend changing
them out as soon as you see the "BATT" indicator on your screen.

        Hope this helps,