Re: $4 link Help!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: $4 link Help!!!!!!!

Net Surfer wrote:

> Anyone succesful using these or close to these specifications?
>
> TI-82
> 2.5mm cable from Mouser Electronics(2.5mm plug on one end and bare wire
> on other end)
> 25 pin serial connector
> using Com port 2
> Pentium computer
>
> If it worked for you what software are you using? What is the ROM
> version of your calculator? Any problems you had to overcome?
> Any advice?The parallel link worked for me. I used the Andreas Westwield's
schematic and the
link85xp.exe program in order to get it to work.  The linktest program does not
work
though.  But all you have to do is use the TI to TI link and do everything that
it shows
on his diagram.  What I used is a parallel port plug, which you can get at
Radio Shack,
2 silicon diodes, and some speaker wire.  Make sure you solder the connections
and exit
out of Windows and run the program in DOS because when I tried it in Windows it
didn't
work.

Good Luck.