Re: ASM on Ti-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASM on Ti-83

In article <E0K0pu.II2@news2.new-york.net>, Harry Elam <hbe@way.com> wrote:
>>   damienden@aol.com (DamienDen) writes:
>>  In article <32812CEA.3B19@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>, DM
>>  <japashan@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> writes:
>>
>>  >Ok, I have downloaded some ASM programs. I opened them up with the
>>  >"TI-83 Graph-link software." All I see are a bunch of numbers and
>>  >letters. I want to put this ASM programm in my calculator
>>  >manually(without graph-link). Where do I put ASM program in the
>>  >calculator? Do you need anything else to run these ASM programs?
>>
>>  A 83asm program that you enter manually should look something like this
>>  :CD5547
>>  :210300
>>  :220C80
>>
>>  Do you mean that kind of letters and numbers?  Or do you mean something
>>  more like
>>
>>  M,T-#1#`U-#=&amp;141%,C@P.3$P1C9&amp;-4-$,S$Y-$8Q,3A%1$-$,T0T-S(Q-4(Y
>>  M-#]#1#!$-#=#1#,Q.30R,3=",#!#1#`Y-#=#1#,Q.31#1$5"-$)&amp;1$-",31%
>>  M-C(Q,#`P,#(R-3(X,C(Q-S8Y-$-$/S@Q-#=&amp;1$-",31&amp;13(Q,#`P,#(R-3(X
>>

>>  Be more specific; what is the full filename of one of the programs you
>>  downloaded?  And can you send me a copy of it?
>>

>ASM programs are entered in Z80 object format, which means that each
>byte of actual machine code is represented by a pair of hexadecimal
>digits (0 - 9 and A - F, where A=10 and F=15). The only thing you can
>*read* in an ASM program is the word "End" on the next to last line. But
>DO NOT type in the colons at the start of each line -- the calculator takes
>care of that!
>
>                                       Harry

you ought to mention that to run the program you execute it from another
program using the send(  command, then the number "9" then the program
name
:send(9prgmTEST
there is a lot out there about ASM on the 83, and more coming out now that
ti has released usage instructions

..if anyone finds a list of ASM commands and their Z80 equivalents, could
you please forward ti to me at gts@cais.cais.com
thanks

<pre>
--