Re: ROM Version Upgrades?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ROM Version Upgrades?

On 7 Nov 1996 20:31:08 GMT, nurseprn05@aol.com wrote:

>I have a TI-92 ver 1.4 (April 96').  Is there anyway to update the ROM
>version with a graph link?

You can't update the ROM with a graphlink.  And I wrote TI about
updating my ROM since mine left off ways of expressing 1 in integrals
(ln(e)) for example), which the later ROM versions don't seem to do.
All they said was "if you think it's not working right, send it in and
we'll look at it for $75.00".  So, I guess they don't have an official
means of upgrading ROM versions.  What was suggested to me by a
classmate was to buy a new one, put the old one in the package, and
return it.  Maybe that's what I'll do, since TI doesn't seem to have a
way to update the ROM, other than spending 75 bucks, doing the
engineering program at school without my calc for who knows how long,
and not knowing if I'll even get the update at all.