Re: Help with TI-92's nth root function and subscript

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Fri, 08 Nov 1996 01:49:49 GMT, klkaatz@pacbell.net (Heater) wrote:

>I've had a TI-92 for about a week now and, for the life of me, I
>cannot find the nth root function.  I've found the square root
>function easily enough but not the nth root function.   I've looked
>from cover to cover through the book and I've looked through what
>seems like every menu on the calculator.  NOTHING!

To ghet the nth root of x, just enter x^(1/n), for example, the cube
root of 8 is entered 8^(1/3).
>Also,  can the TI-92 display subscript variables/notation?

Nope, not as subscripts.  What I do to use (t subscript 4) is just use
t4.  Variable names can be up to 8 letters or numbers, and the first
character in a variable name must be a letter.