Re: ASM on Ti-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASM on Ti-83

>   damienden@aol.com (DamienDen) writes:
>  In article <32812CEA.3B19@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>, DM
>  <japashan@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> writes:
>
>  >Ok, I have downloaded some ASM programs. I opened them up with the
>  >"TI-83 Graph-link software." All I see are a bunch of numbers and
>  >letters. I want to put this ASM programm in my calculator
>  >manually(without graph-link). Where do I put ASM program in the
>  >calculator? Do you need anything else to run these ASM programs?
>
>  A 83asm program that you enter manually should look something like this
>  :CD5547
>  :210300
>  :220C80
>
>  Do you mean that kind of letters and numbers?  Or do you mean something
>  more like
>
>  M,T-#1#`U-#=&amp;141%,C@P.3$P1C9&amp;-4-$,S$Y-$8Q,3A%1$-$,T0T-S(Q-4(Y
>  M-#]#1#!$-#=#1#,Q.30R,3=",#!#1#`Y-#=#1#,Q.31#1$5"-$)&amp;1$-",31%
>  M-C(Q,#`P,#(R-3(X,C(Q-S8Y-$-$/S@Q-#=&amp;1$-",31&amp;13(Q,#`P,#(R-3(X
>

>  Be more specific; what is the full filename of one of the programs you
>  downloaded?  And can you send me a copy of it?

ASM programs are entered in Z80 object format, which means that each
byte of actual machine code is represented by a pair of hexadecimal
digits (0 - 9 and A - F, where A=10 and F=15). The only thing you can
*read* in an ASM program is the word "End" on the next to last line. But
DO NOT type in the colons at the start of each line -- the calculator takes
care of that!

                                        Harry