Re: TI Graph Link Errors

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI Graph Link Errors

Sounds like you have an IRQ conflict... Com 1, which I assume your mouse is
on, uses IRQ 3, as does COM 3.  If it is possible, set the IRQ of your COM3
port to 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, or 12.  Com2 (prob your modem) and Com4 use IRQ 4
though, so try 10-12 or 5 first, then 9, then 7.
You may need to get a serial card that supports "high IRQs" - 9-15.  I know
SIIG makes one that you can find a Best Buy and CompUSA, among others
(http://www.siig.com/ http://www.bestbuy.com/ http://www.compusa.com/)

At 22:58 7/29/96 GMT, Rodger D. Miller wrote:
>I am currently running a Cyrix p-120+ system with 16 MB of ram.  I own a
>TI-92 and a TI-95, and recently purchased a TI-Graph Link.  When I run the
>software for the TI-92 under Windows 95, the mouse freezes on the screen,
>but works fine when I exit the program.  Also, I get "Communication
>timeout" and "Transmission Error" messages in both the TI-92 and the TI-85
>software when I try to send or receive to the appropriate calculator.  I am
>using my only free com port, which is com port 3. Anyone have any ideas
>why?

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| "640K should be enough for anybody"                    |
|             -Bill Gates, 1986                          |
| Who is General Failure, and why is he reading drive C? |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |