Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Dave Shuman wrote:

> In article <577604$r94@dismay.ucs.indiana.edu>,
> sgoehrin@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (scott goehring) wrote:
> >
> >when you have a patient on the exam table and you need a dosage
> >calculation _stat_, you don't have time to whip out a calculator.
> >doctors need to be able to do these sort of calculations in their
> >heads, _immediately_.
> >

> Speaking as a potential patient, I rather trust the doctor that
> used the calc.  The performance of the human mind is far too
> variable, especially under stress!
> --
> Dave S.

So by your rational, we'd save more lives due to human error if all the
doctors in the world used a calculator to determine correct dosages?
That's utter bullshit. And making a generalization that the performance of
the human mind is "far too variable" under stress by implying that doctors
are incompetent under stress is also utter bullshit. From your comments,
it would seem that you are a little paranoid about doctors.

--Dan