Re: TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83

antblokade@aol.com (ANTBlokade) wrote:

>>>I am considering purchasing a TI-83 and I was just wondering--is it
>TOTALLY compatible with the TI-82? can they share programs and the like
>(not including the assembly language ones that you can now make on the
>TI-83)<<

>When I bought my TI-83, compatibility with a TI-82 was important (Because
>of what most other students use).  The outside of the box said "Works side
>by side with TI-82" so I took the plunge and bought it.  BUT, after
>getting home and reading the manual (and the box a little closer), I saw
>that the TI-82 was completely compatible with the TI-83, but the TI-83
>wasn't completely compatible with the TI-82.  In other words, you can
>transfer anything from an 82 to an 83, but the only thing you can transfer
>from an 83 to an 82 are lists (And only the first 6 lists).  Also, in
>programs, the GetCalc can't be used with an 82.  If the software can
>translate data coming in to be 83 compatible, why can't it translate data
>going out to be 82 compatible?  Hmmmmm . . . . But I'm still happy with my
>calculator, if just because it looks sleeker. ;)

This bring up another question. I have an 85 and a graph link, and I
have friends that bought 83's for the new skewl year. I wanted to find
some 82 games for them and use my link (and the 82 software) to put
them on the 83.. is it (the 83) compatible with 82 link/software?

  "God was a Gendian Knight before He took the Universe in hand.." -Ulath
   Justin "Skale" Hall    <a href="mailto:halldp@one.net">halldp@one.net</a>   http://w3.one.net/~halldp/