Re: 83's link (was: Re: Zshell)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 83's link (was: Re: Zshell)

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Dave Wollenberg wrote:

> -- [ From: Dave Wollenberg * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> > DA>What about the 83? I know TI was giving assembler support, does that
> mean it
> > DA>operates more similar to the 85 in that aspect than the 82?
> >

> > It might, I know that the graph-link for the 82 won't work with the 83,
> yet >you can link an 82 with an 83.  Good job TI!
>
> Uh.. yeah it will. I use the same link on my 83 that I used with my 82. I
> needed new software, mind you, but the same link works. I am a little
> disappointed that there isn't much compatability from the 83 to an 82. I had
> thought they were completely compatible when I bought them, but I found out
> only lists can be sent from the 83 to 82. Anyone found a way to send
> programs?

The new 83 link software will convert 82 programs to 83 programs.
I downloaded a few of them to try and some worked and some didn't,
probably because of differences in the language.

I found some documentation for the 85 program file formats and
compared it with the 83 formats and the header is pretty much
the same but it has 15 or 20 extra bytes.  I don't remember the
number right now.  2 bytes are used for the memory allocation
and there are some more offsets that I haven't figured out yet.
I've been tied up on some work and haven't been able to get to the
83 for a few days.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Barry