programming the ti-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

programming the ti-85

Hi, -
  I recently purchased a ti-85 to assist me in my work as
a surveying engineering student here at Ferris State University in
Michigan.  I haven't been able to get the calculator to function as I would
like and was hoping someone could lend a hand.  I am trying to write
a program to solve for the following equations;

R=T*TAN (DELTA/2)
L=((pi * R*DELTA)/180)
LC=2*R*SIN(DELTA/2)
E=R(1/COS(DELTA/2)-1
M=R(1-COS(DELTA/2))
Da=(5729.578/R)
Dc=2*SIN^(-1)(50/R)

Currently I have this set up to run using the menu function where I
have rearranged the above formulas (which are used to solve
horizontal curves in highway design in case you were wondering).  The
program works (and I'll post it if anyone is interested) but it is
not written well and therefore takes alot of manual searching through menus and
probably eats up more memory then it should.

Here are the variables: DELTA, T, R, M, L, LC, Da, Dc, E

Given DELTA or Da or Dc and one other of the components listed above, one
should be able to solve for all other components of the horizontal curve with a
simple program (as I have written).

Instead of using the menu though, I was hoping to incorporate the simultaneous
equation solver (which I know nothing about or how to access or use) or some
other technique so that all of the variables would appear at once so that I would
just have to choose the two that I have and the program would solve for the rest.

Any help would be appreciated!
(New to the list)-CMB
BUCKLEYC@MAILSERV1.FERRIS.EDU