Re: Emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Emulator

In article <4u6b22$3lr@snow.btinternet.com>, ian_mc_d@btinternet.com (Ian
McDonald) wrote:

> Is TI getting stroppy with the ROM image?
> I've downloaded the TI 85 Emulator with a view to purchasing a real
> one!!! however the required ROM image is nowhere to be seen. Can
> anyone shed light on this.

First of all, it's not TI's fault.  THey used to distribute ROM images
with the emulator, but then they ran into copyright violoations, since the
ROM image was copyrighted to TI.  You'll have to actually get a calculator
and get the zshell program that dumps the ROM out to the link port in
order to get the image.  I would suggest just buying a calculator, because
the emulator is really not a good example of what the calculator is
actually like.

From: Mike Dorman
"The teachers are too busy taking knives and guns away from kids to subject
them to the latest techniques for making them into computer nerds."
 - The Unibomber (Paragraph 161 of the manifesto)