Re: TI sucks HP rules

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI sucks HP rules

Unix is an operating system in the same way that Dos, Windows,
Win95, Mac System ?? and Linux are operating systems.  In fact,
Linux is a unix clone.   It's run on a lot of larger systems
but also on quite a few smaller systems.  The vast majority of
the internet is run on unix.

If anybody wants to see unix and has a 386 or better computer
to use, you can get linux by downloading it or buying it on
cdrom for about $15 and installing it on your computer.  It is
a very complete version of unix and very impressive.  It's fast,
runs a lot of applications, runs dos and windows as an application,
in fact you can have 2 windows running within it, I'm told.

It also has everything you need to get on the internet built
in, including browsers, etc.

Only one additional ingredient is needed, if you don't already
know unix....patience.  It's not for people that don't know
how and aren't willing to learn.  There's no such thing as
plug and play.

Barry