Re: programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: programs

> I like the idea of having a discussion of games and programs that have
been
> written for the various platforms (TI-8X, TI-92), which might include
ideas
> for making the programs better, and the answering of questions about
> techniques that were used (i.e. "How'd they do that?").
I would have to agree, this could be very beneficial to the group as a
whole, and many individuals would find it very interesting and useful, not
to mention much more enjoyable than the constant bickering..

> To that extent, I would like to express my support for code to be
> edit-protected when placed on the Internet.
Great idea, except for the fact that when you DO edit-lock a piece of 82
code, it can be un-locked very simply, and there is very little that can be
done about it.

> ...Not only that, but it will allow for people to
> write shareware for these calculators, a concept which I also support
(and
> anyone out there who has worked on a program for a month to tweek it
knows
> what I'm talking about). Comments?
Again, it wouldn't work, due to the fact that edit-locking will not last,
and to add to the situation, you can't learn from software if it is
edit-locked, because it won't allow you to view the code...  I know what
it's like to work and work and work on something, just to have it accepted
as a small piece of useful software that somebody else made...  It's a
thankless job, but it works out that way.  Besides, once you had
"registered" the software, piracy would just be to easy, and someone would
register, and then upload it on their web page, and the SPA sure isn't
taking legal action on calculator-based software (read YET).

Aaron N. Tubbs
poral@parrett.net