Re: A92: If I could turn back time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: If I could turn back time

Fist off, don't download more than one ASM shell (i call 'em sub-OSes) onto
your calc at a time. Didn't they tell you not to do that? Installing more
than one kernel is a sure plan for dis-ass-ter. Reset your memory (take out
two AAs [one from each side] and the lithium one, it leaves you much cleaner
off), and reinstall DoorsOS only. Take any library files (filelib,ziplib,etc.
and util) and install the ones that didn't come with Doors except for
"userlibf.9xz", "ziplibf.9xz", and any other Doors Libs that have the last
letter as an F. Those are in french and will screw with your head by making
you think something bad has happened. It does not make the experience much
fun.

Once you reinstall doorsOS by running the program DoorsOS() from the home
screen, then install your games. If they come with any libraries, put them in
a directory named "lib", and while you're at it, put the other libraries in
there as well.

Finally, you have to remember that some games aren't used to the AMS 2-series
environment, and may not work properly anyway. ALWAYS BACK UP EVERYTHING!!!

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, ask a TI Customer Service person to find
you an AMS 1.05 installer. But don't do this until all else has failed, for I
have AMS2.03 on my 92 and I can run Doors and other progs fine despite the
inherent instability of the 92+. Peace out.

<A HREF="http://prym.8m.com/">Prym.8m.Com!</A> Check out my site!
Matthew Glory, president of the Digital Wrestling Federation: <A
HREF="http://prym.8m.com/dwf/">DWF Home page</A>
Programmers Anonymous: <A HREF="http://pa.ticalc.org/">http://pa.ticalc.org</A

ICQ:            55807773
TI-Calc ActiveList: 58286255