Re: A92: The results. (was TIOS: Can't live with is. Can't live withou

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: The results. (was TIOS: Can't live with is. Can't live without it?)

> When CAS 2.00 and the SDK come out, could'nt we change the OS, like
> get rid of certain math functions we will never use, etc?  It'd be
> great if we could just get rid of TI's OS, but transfer their math
> functions over to whatever new OS there is (and we would have more
> room anyway if we get rid of that geometry app and the equation
> solver, etc...)  Oh well... Someday, either TI will change the OS
> (unlikely) or someone will get REALLY bored and change it themselves.

The 89/92+ issue has already been spoken about.

You cannot remove the TIOS.  It's burned on a ROM chip.  If you get
rid of the system's runtime data and prevent the system from going
back to the TIOS, you have effectively gotten rid of it.  But the
ROM is still there and all functions are available.  (Some functions
may not work if they depend on stuff in the runtime data.)

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, Wash.)
Electronic Mail: serac@lightmail.com
IRC Nickname: serac (on EF-Net)