Re: A92: C Compiler on the TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: C Compiler on the TI

"Noah Medling" <medlingn@zdnetonebox.com> writes:

> There's an oncalc c compiler???!!! where??? (i don't care how crappy it is, anything's better than BASIC!).

I doubt there is one. The original author was probably asking if anyone
was caring about such a thing, no ?
My point was that on-calc C compilers are completely useless: cross
compilation (ie: compiling your C programs on another machine than the
target machine) is designed for such systems as these. You can write your
C code on your PC, compile it and upload it onto the calc.

> Anyway, i was looking at the Gnome site in your thanks to Patrick Davidson, and it looks really cool.
> I just have a few questions:
>  1.) Is there a version that runs on win95?

Gnome is a project which has 3 goals:
1) create a graphical desktop similar to windows' one -> not the most
important part.
2) create a framework to build applications. ie: printing libraries, high level
2D engine, common XML file format, software components (ie: similar to OLE
under windows).
3) complete desktop publishing applications: word-processor, spreadsheet,
groupware applications...

Gnome is intended to run on unix systems.
However, a win32 port is being worked on (at least, this seems so. nothing
is official and only private talks with some developers reveal this.)
The win32 port will focus on:
1) porting the libraries
2) porting the desktop applications
3) not porting the graphical desktop.

Sorry for those who did not care :)

>  2.) If so, how big is it (i didn't see size mentioned on other platform downloads)

It is not there. Not there for a few months at least.

> Thanks,
> Noah Medling
> http://xp.calc.org/

regards,