Re: A92: Addressing mode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Addressing mode

jean-baptiste-andre canazzi wrote:

> The problem is that, in this output, we can see the string : "A5,D7.w". It
> souldn't appear like this, since the assembler should have converted it into
> binary code. So, it seems that A68k consider this string as an object. That's
> why I suggest you to convert everything in your source in lowercase. Maybe it
> will fix...

   You should not directly examine object files.  I guess in this
case, what we see is garbage that's put in the object file but not
taken into account by the linker, because an object file is made
of several sections and each section has its size encoded into the
object file.  So here the code segment has its size somewhere and
there's garbage perhaps because one of the sections has to have a
size multiple of a fixed integer...

   Not sure I'm clear, but I have already assembled several
megabytes of source files with A68k (my version for Unix, not
related to TI92) and it's always been OK.

		Laurent