Re: A92: Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Games

In a message dated 3/11/99 3:30:31 PM Central Standard Time,
alexander.grutsch.htlr@schulen.vol.at writes:

> I think we should collect some game ideas, because there are too few games
>  for the TI92

Just remember, YOU ASKED FOR IT:
	o "Classic Pack" including: Tempest, Centipede, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Tetris,
in a small package sharing common routines (any other really cool arcade/atari
games? someone suggested battlezone on TI-B but I'm not too fond of it)
	o A platformer more along the lines of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog (I have
always felt it's much better than Mario.  The main character, graphics, and
environments were always cooler, not to mention a greater variety of power-ups
and best of all, it had a sense of speed, totally unlike the slow-moving fat
plumber game ;-)
	o More "sim" games (SimCity, SimHospital, etc)
	o An RTS game (i.e. Command & Conquer)
	o A game similar to Magic: The Gathering, etc.  Users can "trade cards" via a
link port (or online?), and when they run the program for the first time, it
randomly generates their "deck" (20 out of say 100 cards) they have.  The
reason the random generation of only 20 out of 100 cards is semi-practical is
you have to have their sprites in for the game anyway, and a pack would be
sort of boring because playing a friend with the exact same cards, would, well
suck.
	o Auto rally game (detached camera, behind & slightly overhead: anyone played
Sega Rally for Saturn/Arcade)
	o Any original arcade-style game would be cool.

Rob Hornick
LuCiD WaRe