Re: A92: Re: 92+ & 89 Compatibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Re: 92+ & 89 Compatibility

>No, he is completely right.  The entire ROM is Flash.  Not the highest
quality
>flash(only can be uses 100000 some times, as if that wasn't enough), but
it is
>all Flash, exept for the first 64 kb as he said.  The entire TIOS can be
>overwritten and probably a few people have started such an ambitious project,
>such as myself.  Only a part of the Flash is reset during a calc reset,
which is
>why you keep the OS.

The first 64K sector is probably just a bootloader (refresh the vector
tables, etc.) since (if I remember correctly) the first thing a 68000 does
is jump to the address pointed to by RAM 00000000...any custom OS (I really
think one of the microUnix implementations would be fun if we could get
around the memory management hangup) could just build around this
bootloader and use the rest of the flash.
--Cliff Biffle