Re: A92: 92+ & 89 Compatibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92+ & 89 Compatibility

>	Do the TI-92 + shell developers plan to include the ability to run,
>or emulate, TI-89 assembly programs?  It seems that many more programs are
>currently in development for this platform (probably because of the price
>difference) and so the ability to run those programs would be very helpful
>indeed.  Perhaps even TI-83(+) and TI-86 emulation could be run - I do know
>that the Z80 is totally different from the 68K so I'm not too hopeful of
>this, though.  The TI-86 has shells which emulate all the Z80 platforms, so
>I'd guess the TI-92+ could successfully emulate the TI-89, if not run the
>code without changes.

My 92+ is successfully running '89 programs.  Only problem is the keyboard
mapping, which is different from calc to calc (took me forever to figure
out that carat is escape :-).  Perhaps we should have a program to
translate mapping codes on a PC (or Mac)?  Is this possible?  I know it'd
be more than simply replacing values--or would it?

>	One more thing not related to the above topic, does anyone know if it
>will be possible to replace the TI-OS with the TI-92+, TI-89 and TI-83+
using
>the Flash ROM?  Thanks for any answers.

All signs point to yes here, since TI can update TI-OS, we should be able
to.  Even if our update happens to be, say, Linux. :-)
--Cliff Biffle

Follow-Ups: References: