Re: A92: Hello

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Hello

NDStein@aol.com wrote:

> I haven't seen PreFargo.  Does it do anything beside the standard
> #include,
> #define, #ifdef, #ifndef, etc?

Yes. It removes spaces and tabulators after commas (so you can write
move.w d0, d1  instead of the crunched  move.w d0,d1). It has two
methods of macros: #define ... - macros and #equ - macros. (See
PreFargo's manual for the differences). It also supports some things,
I'm not sure, whether a normal C-precompiler would be able to do:

#define push_reversed(arg,argsize,next...) {
  #ifdef next
	#push_reversed (next)
  #endif
	move.|argsize	arg, -(a7)
}

Can be used:

	push_reversed(#100,w,#45,w,#String,l,#4,w)
	jsr	tios::DrawStrXY

  This will be precompiled to:

	move.w	#4, -(a7)
	move.w	#String, -(a7)
	move.w	#45, -(a7)
	move.w	#100, -(a7)
	jsr	tios::DrawStrXY

I don't believe, that your cpp can do this!

(Watch the PreFargo documentation for more examples of this kind)