Re: A92: What happens during Fargo relocation?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: What happens during Fargo relocation?

> I really need to know what happens to programs when you run kernel::exec.
Does
> it copy the app anywhere. How many applications can you force kernel::exec
all
> at the same time?

  I'm not exactly sure what you want here.  When you run kernel::exec, it
executes the specified program the same way you run programs from the fargo
Shell program.  Any number of applications can call kernel::exec, however only
one program is ever running at a time.  The application is not copied anywhere,
the libraries are 'loaded' which basically means any 32bit references in your
program are edited so that they point to the correct place.  This is another
reason to avoid absolute references in your program.

Did that answer the question, if not, try to be more specific..

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu