Re: A92: Backup files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Backup files

> So it is possible to change the vectors at the begin of the RAM. But the
> Fargo backups are only 39KB big. So how can be modified vectors? Such a
> backup file is too small, isn' t it ? Can you explain that or can you send
> me a descripe me how can I change vectors or how can I execute assembly
> commands. I'm very interested
> in Fargo and I use it as my new operating system. So I want to get answers
> of my questions.

  The new fargo backups use a 'callback' function built into the TI-OS.  The
one David uses is an event-callback, that is, after the backup is sent the
TI-OS goes back to looking for user input and notices that the callback address
is filled out.  After recieving an event (such as an idle event), the TI-OS
calls the callback function to do some filtering.  This callback installs
Fargo.  You can see all this when you examine the backup with a hex editor.
 Also, you can dissassemble the TI-ROM looking for low-memory addresses.  This
is probably how David found the event-callback in the first place.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu