Re: A92: Keyboard Interrupt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Keyboard Interrupt

> In the 3d raycasting game I am working on, it runs at a decent frame
> rate normally, but as soon as I hold down one of the arrow keys or any
> key at all, the frame rate is at least cut in half!  I'm sure this is
> due to the keyboard interrupt service routines.  Is there any way to get
> rid of this slowdown?

   For games, I'd advise running without any interrupts.  You may read from the
keyboard I/O ports to get the data you need.  The keypress interrupt is AutoInt
2, so setting the interrupt mask to 2 will turn it off.  However, the key
reading interupt is Auto Int 1, so it will be turned off too.  Can't have it
both ways I guess.
   moveq #2,d0    ; Turn off keyboard interrupts, #7 to turn them all off
   trap #1

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu

Follow-Ups: References: