Re: A92: again:tiger and romdump

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: again:tiger and romdump

> David Kühling schrieb:
> >

> > Arno Kizina wrote:
> >
> > > I recently read about how to use romdump here and now tried it (once again
> >  :-( )
> > > with the proposed settings for hyperterminal: direct to com, 9600,8-N-1,
> > > hardware-flow-control, Minitel-emulation and it didn't work.
> > > I got a romdump of 1198377 Bytes, which is 7 too much for tiger. Any
> > > suggestions??
> >
> > Yes: Load down a hex-viewer for the TI-92, and check weither the beginning of
> >  the
> > ROM-
> > dump is ok. (It has to be $00004400). Then check the end. If the beginning is
> > correct, and
> > the end seems to be ok, too (There should be a lot of $FFFFs), just cut 7
> >  Bytes from
> > the end
> > with a hex-editor.
> > I had the problem, that I had a $FF at the beginning (So the beginn was
> > $FF00004400...).
> > Cutting it out helped.
> >

> Thank's, I took a hex-viewer and found :
> at the start $9613...
> at the end 16 from $ff differing bytes
> in my converted rom. I go on trying			A.K.

I have a similar problem in that I have the latest version of Fargo
and am unable to get a rom dump to work with Tiger.

My file starts with $00004400 and ends in lots of FF's and is 1meg in
size. It works great when I load it in the emu92 emulator, but when I
load it into Tiger it comes up and looks the same as the calculator
does when I reset it. Hey no problem. Maybe the contrast is just turned
up too high. I read the doc that accompanies tiger and it says that
that diamond - would be the same as ctrl -. I have tried every
combination of ctrl - I can think of (right and left ctrl, keypad and
keyboard -, and with num lock on and off ) and still the contrast
does not go down. I am pretty sure my rom dump is okay, since it
works great with emu92. Why won't it work with tiger?

Tiger seems to be working to some degree, I am able to drop into the
command mode and into the debugger. I just can't see the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian Mosher
<brianm@agora.rdrop.com>