Re: A92: URGENT - pass 1 / pass 2 phase error?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 15:52 1997-09-18 -0700, you wrote:

>> Is it a limitation in A68K? I can't imagine such a limitation in the
>> 68000 itself...
>Yup.  It's a limitation of A68K.  Kinda sucks, doesn't it?  (Been there,
>done that.)

Reading the docs of A68K I just found out that there *is* a hardware
limitation in the 68000: Relative jumps can only go 32Kb in either
direction :(
There is a request in A68K:s to do-list to go around this somehow.

>Anyone up to making a NEW and BETTER 68K asm compiler???  :)

TASM should be able to do the trick... don't know how to set it up, though.
Would it be compatible with Fargo's PRGM92?

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)