RE: A92: 256K & interrupt routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A92: 256K & interrupt routines

At 08:02 AM 10/27/97 +0100, Jean-Jacques MICHEL wrote:
>In that case, we just have to wait... till when ?
>Is this what I should tell to all the people asking me for
>the 256K patch of the current Fargo version ?

Quite the contrary. I acknowledge the existance of this "256K patch", and
only wish that I'd released one of those a long time ago rather than make
everyone wait for Fargo II. The reason I didn't do that is, I thought it
was very sloppy to have to write two versions of every program; one for ROM
1.x and one for ROM 2.x.

However, when Fargo II *does* arrive, programs will need to be modified to
work with it. By using User-mode compatible routines and such, it'll make
the move easier...

You don't *need* to make your programs "Fargo II ready" in any way. So
there's no need to get all upset about it.

---
David Ellsworth
davidell@earthling.net
IRC: eXocomp