RE: A92: 256K & interrupt routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A92: 256K & interrupt routines

>>>$1E0064 would be the highest address possible...
>>>(Would allow 1.9 MByte of SRAM !!!)

>>Nope. It would have to be $1C0064. And that's assuming that upgrades beyond
>>256KB (if they are even possible) would check *all* the upper bits. If they
>>didn't, then you'd need to use $100064, which of course wouldn't work with
>>2MB.

That's perfectly true, I thought about it last night...

>>I would suggest biting the bullet. Just temporarily turn off the memory
>>protection bit! It'll give you peace of mind. You won't have to worry about
>>possible future TI-92's that have 2MB of RAM. Or even ones that have 256KB
>>of RAM but do checking on *all* the address bits.

For the moment and for easy patching, I am using $100064 (or $100078)
each time I encounter $020064 (resp. $020078) and then programs such as
BD, FCAMERA, SPRITE... are working with (patched) Fargo & 256KB.

>>(Fargo II programs will run in User Mode rather than Supervisor Mode.)

In that case, we just have to wait... till when ?
Is this what I should tell to all the people asking me for
the 256K patch of the current Fargo version ?

								JJM