Re: RE: A92: RE:256k and fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: A92: RE:256k and fargo

You're right, the new version of your patched fargo runs on my ti92 without any
problems. I now start testing the fargo programs I have and will tell you, if I
encounter any problems. I myself will then also try to get them running, as, in
my opinion, the only problem is the one you already found: somebody writes a
program and accesses low memory addresses vio wrap-around without using an
address high enough, i.e. $200078 unstead of $20078, of which the causes usually
an address error on calculators with 256k. So it should be better first to look
at the source( if available ), do the nececarry changes there and recompile it.
I am already thinking of a disassembly made on my Atari -ST but I can't tell my
debugger to make labels and I haven't tried the reassembler (since 1992 I use a
PC), but tomorrow evening I'll try that.
		AK

>Jean-Jacques MICHEL schrieb:
> By the way : I was using winlink beta 6, and there was no mention of any
>  checksum error
> (I am using the wputfargo.bat facility, but I don't think you can use it with
>  an already
> pre-installed backup...)
> With the new patch, I realised that the classical LINK.EXE is also working
>  (there was a
> bug from my part, sorry...)

		JJM