Re: LF: Smoth scrolling sprites!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Adam King wrote:

> I am looking for a way to check for a key press without the chunking nature
> of moving a sprite accross the screen.  I ask because I am writing an
> arcade game and I need smooth scrolling for the ships.  Also, has anyone
> heard anything about the release of the US memory upgrade?
>
>             Adam King
>   kinger@discover-net.net
>  May the force be with you.

You have to dig a bit deeper into the TI92 hardware. Turn off all
interrupts (preferebly), set the timer to the same refresh as the
screen, wait for the timer at the beginning of each redraw of the
screen, and read the keys using the keyboard matrix. All of this is
explained in the fargo docs if you read it through.

//Jonas