LF: Questions (key-scanning)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Questions (key-scanning)

OK, I have two questions for all you wizards out there--how would one go
about reading a key and delaying then updating a sprite's position at the
same time? (Confused enough :)..read on...)

In columns-I am trying to make it so that the blocks' falling is independent
of the key-scanning and am running into trouble--either you can keep
flipping or moving the blocks and they won't continue falling, or too brief
a window is given to flip and move the blocks.

Also, is there a smoother and faster keyscanning method (like the one(s)
used in F-Tris ) because dropping the blocks isn't very nice or easy with
the methods that I have tried. (Yes, I have requested the F-Tris source code
already )

I hope someone can offer assitance,
                        Andrew Von Dollen