Re: LF: Troubles with Fterm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Troubles with Fterm

I have pretty much the same problem here also.
but when i plug in my modem to the calc and turn it on then go into fargo
then I get a strange character on the screen. I can still type and enter
commands but that gets anoying after awhile.

and the screen filling problem.

I suggest that you connet to the bbs you are dialing and set your screen
to 40x16 <--I think that is it. and your ansi display off! or you get a
bunch of '<-[0,7]' on the screen till it is full and you have to turn off
fterm and go back in. and do this till it is done displaying your pic or
what ever it is doing.  If you know anything about ansi art you know what
i am talking about.

tell me if any one have an anwser to this.

Carl Turner
cturner@garfield.leesummit.k12.mo.us
http://garfield.leesummit.k12.mo.us/~cturner/

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Stanley Hiller wrote:
> Hello, all.
>  I'm running into a problem using Fterm with a modem. I've read the FAQ,
> and it doesn't deal with the problem I've got.
>  I'm able to connect to all the numbers I've tried, and everything goes
> fine for a short while. I set the modem (AT&F->OK), dial the number
> (ATDT1234567->OK), and am told that everything's well (CONNECT 9600). I
> log in, and then something odd happens.
>  It's like a buffer fills up or something, and I stop getting anything
> displayed on the screen- nothing I type shows up, and the server appears
> to stop sending. But when I quit and re-launch Fterm, it gets strange.
> There's a single character on the screen. When I delete it, and type a
> command, I find that I'm were I left off. I'll be able to interact with
> the server for about a screenful, then it'll lock up again. I can repeat
> the type-quit-continue cycle indefinately, but it's a colossal pain.
> I've got ROM version 1.11, I'm using Fterm 1.0B7, a Hayes Accura 14.4, a
> male-male adapter, and a null moden adapter. I'm sure that my
> cable/adapter setup is right. The only place it seems the trouble can be
> is with the AT commands I use to initialize the modem, or in Fterm itself.
>  Can anyone offer any advice? Maybe some AT commands that've worked for
> you?
>
> Thanks,
> Stan Hiller

Follow-Ups: References: