LF: Troubles with Fterm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Troubles with Fterm

Hello, all.
 I'm running into a problem using Fterm with a modem. I've read the FAQ,
and it doesn't deal with the problem I've got.
 I'm able to connect to all the numbers I've tried, and everything goes
fine for a short while. I set the modem (AT&F->OK), dial the number
(ATDT1234567->OK), and am told that everything's well (CONNECT 9600). I
log in, and then something odd happens.
 It's like a buffer fills up or something, and I stop getting anything
displayed on the screen- nothing I type shows up, and the server appears
to stop sending. But when I quit and re-launch Fterm, it gets strange.
There's a single character on the screen. When I delete it, and type a
command, I find that I'm were I left off. I'll be able to interact with
the server for about a screenful, then it'll lock up again. I can repeat
the type-quit-continue cycle indefinately, but it's a colossal pain.
I've got ROM version 1.11, I'm using Fterm 1.0B7, a Hayes Accura 14.4, a
male-male adapter, and a null moden adapter. I'm sure that my
cable/adapter setup is right. The only place it seems the trouble can be
is with the AT commands I use to initialize the modem, or in Fterm itself.
 Can anyone offer any advice? Maybe some AT commands that've worked for
you?

Thanks,
Stan Hiller