Re: LF: LATEST RAM INFO !!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: LATEST RAM INFO !!!

> There are TWO posibilities to upgrade your Ram :
>
> 	- internal : Upgrade to 256 KB (those who said the empty slot is for
> 		     upgrading memory were right)
>
> 	- external : Soon external ramcards will be available from TI and
> 		     OTHER distributors ( How much memory that will add to
> 		     your system .. well I'll know it Thursday or Friday..
> 		     ... I'll tell ya all ). My distributer in Luebeck said
> 		     that this will depend on the type of chips you place
> 		     on those ramcards.
>

> BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT *** BUT
>
> THERE IS ONE PROBLEM :
>
> 	YOU'LL GET ONLY MORE RAM ADDED TO YOUR SYSTEM :
>
> 		- if your TI-System-Board is latest release !!!
> 	Older releases will not be able to have enough space inside to
> 	mount the new memory chip. ( In Germany you can send it to a
> 	TI distributor and he will place the new chip within two or three
> 	days ). My distributor will get the latest, brand new infos tomorrow
> 	or thursday, then he'll know much more about the external version
> 	( he didn't know exactly .. but I think there will be enormous gain
> 	to TIs memory.

I was just thinking: there should be physical impossibilities here...

on my mother board there's a space for one chip.. that's the place
that the ROM got put on v12 onwards.... Presumably there is a plug-in
module liek the rom on old versions for v12 onwards, and us with old
roms have to have a chip soldered in our spare socket..

I shoudl say that i know for certain that my rom version (1.4) cannot
cope with more that 256K of rom.. i'll look at rom 12 at aosme point
to see if that can...

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/