[A89] Re: p55x

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: p55x

Actually, I just got this working today... (Debian sid 2.4.18)

The kernel module (for black link cables) is tiser (find it here: http://
lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tidev/ ) before trying to compile it, make sure you have
kernel-source-2.4.18

apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.18
cd /usr/src
ln -s kernel-source-2.4.18 ./linux
cd linux
make menuconfig
	go to the bottom and select load config
	type '/boot/config-2.4.18-bf2.4
	exit and save configuration
cd /root
wget http://www.ticalc.org/pub/unix/tiser.tar.gz
tar -xzf tiser.tar.gz
cd tiser
make

voila, the module is compiled... I don't know quite where to put it yet, but:
insmod ./tiser.o
works for now every time I boot (I know... linux doesn't need to reboot
often... but darnit, my computer is loud and I have to sleep sometime...)

TILP will still segfault every now and then, but it does that under root
anyway...

On Sunday 14 September 2003 10:55 am, Nick Peaden wrote:
> In TiLP, I have this problem, where when I'm not root, but in dialout, and
> have the kernel modules loaded (From sarge's debian archive,) it still
> reports IO_ASM = nok ... and I still can't send anything non-root.  What
> kernel module does this keep asking about, is it not in the debian archive?
>
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:25:14 -0400
>
> Nick Tarleton <nickptar@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Improve TiLP and such.
> > - Trash libticables, or greatly reduce. Require kernel module for black,
> > parallel, USB links.
> > - Improve kernel module build process. (This is the only thing I've
> > already done.)

Follow-Ups: References: