[A89] Re: DoorsOs & New TI-89 OS - appsub assembly-89 christian.gegourel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: DoorsOs & New TI-89 OS - appsub assembly-89 christian.gegourel@wanadoo.fr 3E0B87D1:A65.1:nffrzoyl

> No. DoorsOS hasn'r been updated in a _long_ time. You will probably
have
> more luck running those programs in KernO or Universal OS, or you could
> try to find non-kernel equivalents (so called "NoStub" programs).

Preferably Universal OS, since Kerno does not support DoorsOS type
programs.  But the NoStub programs would be good as well.

> It is possible to install an older version of the AMS, yes. The easy
way
> is to simply ask TI for an older version - even if they don't have them
> for download on the web site, I understand they do provide them via
email
> if you ask for them.

Before you do this, make sure you are able to receive large e-mail
attachments.  The AMS is over a meg in size.  In my opinion, however, it
isn't worth it to downgrade to an earlier OS.  Finding a more current
version of the desired program would be better, and less time consuming.

>> Remark : I have still TI-89 ROM's dump before and after new install.
>> Virtual TI V5.B5 operate in the same manner as TI-89 itself with new
OS
>> version.

>It has been a while, but this ROM dump might be useable for flashing. I
>have never tried anything other than upgrading my 92+ to the latest AMS,
>so don't take my word on this. :)

Since the VTI is just a copy of the calc, it should be able to send a
software update.  Just treat it like one would normally do so during an
update.  I myself have never tried, so I can't promise it will work.  But
if anything messes up, just reinstall 2.05 and look for other programs.
Or find someone who has a later version on their calc.

   ~Jeremiah

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com