[A89] Re: Yikes! A major problem!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Yikes! A major problem!

Hello everybody,

> I'd place my money on the cable being broken.  It sounds to me like the
link
> head is loose, and it's stable enough for small amounts of data, but not
for
> full-size program.
>
> Steve, try sending an very large text variable to your calc and a very
small
> program, and see if that proves anything.

Bingo. I tried both of those a little while back and your theory proved
true.

On Mr. Rob Smith's note:
> He fixed it by buying a new connector from Radio Shack, He picked the
normal sized one
> so he could build cables for it without the connector, but they do sell
the
> smaller ones (special order I believe)

I work part-time at RS and the size I would've needed i 3/32"... it'd be
nice if TI put the 1/8" (headphone size jack) on the calcs. That way, we
could hook up standard amplified speakers or headphones without having to
build are own. (Sound isn't too big of a deal yet in the TI community,
fortunately).

And so...

Our loyal TI fanatic fan, Fuzmeister journeyed to Staples and purchased the
new black cable. Upon arriving home, he found that not only did the
graphlink work, but it was 2x as fast as the evil gray cable that had
plagued him so long...

THE END

I love a story with a happy ending,
S. Thompson

PS Kudos to you all for the incredible help! Had it not been for you, I
might still be stuck in the mud...

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary